Saturday, October 11, 2008

decha nita-in & nurong chaiphat: lam prachan klon, vol. 4



artist: เดชา นิตะอินทร์ + หนูรง ชัยพัฒน์ (decha nita-in & nurong chaiphat)
album: ลำประชันกลอน ม้วนที่ 4 (lam prachan klon, vol. 4)
tracklist:
01. ลำประชันกลอน ม้วนที่ 4 ตอน 1 (lam prachan klon, vol. 4, pt. 1)
02. ลำประชันกลอน ม้วนที่ 4 ตอน 2 (lam prachan klon, vol. 4, pt. 2)

molam! here's some lam from mr. & mrs. decha + nurong, performed in very raw fashion; just voice & kaen. unsurprisingly, there's not much information available about these folks. from what i can gather, this is a recording from a lam competition somewhere in isaan.. i'm assuming they won! the tape is the performance divided in half onto either side. playing the khaen for this must be like running a marathon! i picked this tape up in khon kaen center, at that big record store near the day market.. i wish i could remember the name of it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting two versions.
    I love what I am hearing.
    I'll have to start looking for these at the international market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. major grand!!!!! ay.

    ReplyDelete